One night you feel like a bottle of wine. You want something with a bold flavour, but not too spicy, and the name of that perfect wine you had last fall is escaping you. Enter Cork’d.
Cork’d is a freshly launched sort of social search or social networking site for wines. You can compare tasting notes, keep track of your wine cellar, keep a wishlist, and even find some drinking buddies, (hopefully some close by!). I just signed up – it’ll be fun. Check out my massive wine cellar.
From a technical and design point of view Cork’d has enough AJAX-y goodness to be really efficient, but not so much you have to learn to use the web all over again and great user interface. The colours are reminiscent of wine, cork, and comfort, all the things that wine stands for. All in all, well done.
All that remains now is for those who enjoy wine to head on over and join the community.
So, it appears that Windows Live Mail, (www.live.com), is more or less working properly in Firefox. It’s been quite a wait considering IE has been supported for some time now, but it appears to have been worth it. I like it a lot.
UPDATE: As of yesterday, (May 20), Firefox support has been removed while they ‘fix some stuff.’
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and these are meant to be funny. I recommend not trying any of them, but if you do and get hurt it’s not my fault.
- If you are choking on an ice cube, don’t panic. Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and presto. The blockage will be almost instantly removed.
- Clumsy? Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.
- Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat by simply using the sink.
- For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.
- A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
- If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then you will be afraid to cough.
- Have a bad toothache? Smash your thumb with a hammer and you will forget about the toothache.
- Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the duct tape.
- Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
- Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
- If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.
- And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know when you might need them to empty your bedpan.